- Setting up the Revit API in Visual Studio
- Creating commands
- Compiling and debugging code
- Creating elements
- Editing element parameters
- Editing element geometry
- Automating element-related tasks
- Creating external applications to execute plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Jeremy] Revit is one of the most widely used Building Information Modeling, or BIM tools, currently available in the building industry. It provides an amazing platform with tools and features that are specifically designed to support BIM workflows. This rich environment can be extended further by creating Revit plugins that tap into the expansive Revit application programming interface, or API. In this course, we'll go beyond the interface of the standard tools available in Revit, and create our own unique commands as Revit plugins, utilizing C-Sharp.
My name is Jeremy Graham, and I'm an architect specializing in computational design and BIM workflows. We will start the course by going through setting up our first Revit plugin step-by-step using Visual Studio as our integrated development environment, or IDE platform. Once we know the basic workflow of creating a Revit plugin, we'll learn about the fundamentals of working with Revit elements including filtering for elements, creating elements, and getting and setting element parameters.
We will then learn how to edit elements, and work with their geometry to perform complex geometric operations such as finding intersections and projecting rays. With a strong understanding of working with elements in the Revit APR we'll then look at working with views and sheets to discover ways of automating common Revit tasks such as creating views, applying filters, and placing views on sheets. At the end of this course you'll have a strong understanding of how to create a dynamic Revit plugin using C-Sharp, and be well on the way to building powerful tools that push Revit to its limits, so let's go ahead and get started.
Revit 2019: Essential Training for Architecture (Imperial)with Paul F. Aubin11h 55m Appropriate for all
Revit 2019: Essential Training for Architecture (Metric)with Paul F. Aubin12h 9m Appropriate for all
1. Creating a Simple Plugin
2. Working with Revit Elements
3. Element Geometry or Editing Elements?
4. Automating Elements
Next steps2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.