Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Review your Open Site Explorer, part of Learning SEO Tools.
- [Instructor] Another interesting tool that's worth…taking a look at is the Moz Open Site Explorer.…This is essentially a link analysis tool.…It'll help you identify your back links, linking domains,…newly discovered links, as well as providing suggestions…on any link opportunities.…Getting started with Open Site Explorer is relatively easy.…You'll find it moz.com/researchtools/ose.…From here, you enter in any URL you'd like to examine.…Let's look Moz for example.…
I'll type in www.moz.com and select search.…Within a few moments, we get some information right here…at the top of the screen.…First, Moz is letting us know that www.moz.com…redirects to moz.com and here we can see that they…are showing us data for the redirected URL instead.…So they've gone ahead and said, "You know what?…"I think you would prefer this URL since it's the…"canonical domain and it's the most appropriate one…"to conduct research on."…Now, as we scroll down, we'll see some information.…
Here in the upper left hand corner, we see authority;…
- Setting SEO goals
- Configuring Google Search Console
- Evaluating the Google index
- Using PageSpeed Insights
- Interpreting results and leveraging reports
- Using the Screaming Frog SEO Spider
- Generating a site map
- Getting started with Keyword Planner
- Multiplying keyword lists
- Structuring data
- Using SEMrush
- Conducting keyword research
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Look at Goals
2. Google Search Console
3. Google PageSpeed Insights
4. Screaming Frog SEO Spider
5. Google Keyword Planner
Multiply keyword lists2m 37s
6. Google Structured Data
8. Moz Open Site Explorer
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.