- Finding inspiration
- Sketching and drawing
- Working in 3D
- Conceptualizing the structure, from foundation to roof
- Adding color, texture, and detail
- Creating 2D floor plans and elevations
- Creating video walkthroughs
- Creating virtual reality visualizations using game engines
Skill Level Intermediate
- [George] Hi I'm George Maestri and today we're going to look at how to develop residential design concepts using SketchUp, Photoshop, and Unity. Now this course is the first step in a process that will cover how to create a residential project from scratch. We'll start here with concept development then move through the entire design process to final rendering in 3D. In this course we'll block out a basic concept for presentation to the client.
We'll start with reference then move on to roughing out the structure using both 2D and 3D tools. After that we'll go into SketchUp to rough out the structure itself, keeping in mind that revisions and changes happen a lot in the design process. Once the structure is in place, we'll look at ways to communicate your designs to the client. We'll show techniques for both 2D presentations as well as how to do interactive walk-throughs and virtual reality.
So let's get started developing our concepts.
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
1. Initial Processes
2. Conceptualize the Structure
3. Visualize in 2D
4. Visualize in Game Engines
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.