Excel references column headings and table names instead of cell references when formulas are inserted into a table. In this video, learn how to reference named ranges and named tables in formulas.
- [Instructor] When you create an Excel table, … Excel assigns a name to that table … and to each column header in the table … and then when you create a formula and add it to your table, … those names appear automatically … as you enter the formula and select the cell references. … That way, we don't have to manually enter … the cell references. … Let's jump right into our workbook … and take a look at how to use both … named ranges and named tables in our formulas. … First, we'll focus on the invoices worksheet. … This data has been converted into a table … and when that table was created, … Excel created names for the vendor ID, company, … invoices, payments, and balance columns. … So watch what happens when I create a formula … to take the invoice amount … and deduct the payment amount from it, … equals, … as soon as I click in the invoices column, … the title of that column pops in. … I'll do a minus sign and click in Payments. … As I'm creating this formula, … Excel is taking into account all of the data …
- Importing data
- Formatting worksheets and workbooks
- Exporting workbooks
- Pasting data
- Modifying columns, rows, and cells
- Formatting cells
- Conditional formatting
- Creating tables
- Filtering and sorting table data
- Using references
- Performing calculations with functions
- Formatting text with functions
- Creating charts
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Who should take this course?1m 15s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
3. Manage Data Cells and Ranges
4. Manage Tables and Table Data
5. Perform Operations Using Formulas and Functions
6. Manage Charts
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.