- Identify how to connect the strategy with delivery in portfolio management.
- Explain the process of managing alignment.
- Define a portfolio lifecycle.
- Explore business casing and analysis in portfolio management.
- Examine capacity and capability planning in portfolio management.
- Break down selection and prioritization in portfolio management.
- Recognize the elements of managing change in portfolio management.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Portfolio management is the most important skill a business must master to be successful today. Portfolio management covers all areas of how a business changes, from idea to implementation and benefits realization. It connects strategy with delivery. Ignoring it makes strategic success a gamble, at best. Hi, I'm Andy Jordan. I've been working with portfolio and project management, as well as project management offices for more than 20 years. I've led business transformation in multiple industries and have used portfolio management as a tool to deliver success repeatedly.
I've helped organizations implement portfolio management, improve it, and integrate it with other business elements, always with a focus on improving results. In this course, I'll explain what portfolio management is and what it isn't, and I'm going to help you implement it successfully. We'll look at each of the stages in the portfolio lifecycle and explain the portfolio management activities that happen in each of them. We'll dive into the different roles involved in managing the portfolio and look at how they need to work together to succeed.
I'll wrap up by looking at how an organization can implement portfolio management successfully. Portfolio management can change a business's entire future. My goal for you after this course is that you'll be able to help your employer deliver better results than ever before. So if you're ready, let's get started.