- Practicing proper hand technique
- Practicing proper seating position
- Practicing the right-hand C and left-hand C positions
- Melodic intervals
- Harmonic intervals
- B for the left and right hand
- A for the left hand
- Using the damper pedal
- Moving up and down the keyboard in 6ths
- Measuring half steps and whole steps
- Progressions and triplets
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, I'm Gayle Kowalchyk, and I'm pleased to be your guide to help you teach yourself piano. We will cover a lot of topics, such as sitting at the piano, hand position, reading notes and rhythms, playing chords, and much more. Once you get past the basics, you'll be playing pieces in no time, and on your way to a lifetime of musical enjoyment. Let's get started.
1. The Basics
2. Melodic Intervals
3. Introducing Harmony
4. New Rhythms and Intervals
5. Music Theory
6. Progressions and Triplets
Closing and credits1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.