IF() statements are used to apply a rule to a range, and if the condition is met one statement is returned and if not another statement is returned. In this video, learn how to perform conditional operations by using the IF() function.
- [Instructor] When working with our data in Excel, … we can use an IF function to determine … if a condition is met and then return one value … if it's true and one value if it's false. … Let's jump right into our IF workbook … and take a look at our Payroll Worksheet. … Now in our G column, we need to determine … who is a full-time employee, based … on the number of hours that they worked … for the last two weeks. … And a full-time employee is someone … who works 80 hours, at least. … So in G5, we'll use an IF statement … to look at the hours, and if they are greater … than or equal to 80, we'll have the statement Yes returned, … and if it's less than 80, No will be returned. … Equals, IF, we'll Tab to step in. … We can take our mouse and click on D5. … If D5 is greater than or equal to 80, comma, … and if you watch the syntax down below, … you'll see that each statement is separated with a comma. … So I'll type a comma, and in double quotation marks, … Yes, close quotation marks, and another comma …
- Importing data
- Formatting worksheets and workbooks
- Exporting workbooks
- Pasting data
- Modifying columns, rows, and cells
- Formatting cells
- Conditional formatting
- Creating tables
- Filtering and sorting table data
- Using references
- Performing calculations with functions
- Formatting text with functions
- Creating charts
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Who should take this course?1m 15s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
3. Manage Data Cells and Ranges
4. Manage Tables and Table Data
5. Perform Operations Using Formulas and Functions
6. Manage Charts
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.