Learn about the project that will be built in this chapter and how it will be created: adding the Analytics API and measuring user responses to various events within the app.
- [Voiceover] Before we get started coding our sample app,…let's take a look at the finished app…to see what we will be building.…I've started my virtual device simulator and have launched…the finished version of the app in the Debugger.…Our sample app will exercise a few different parts…of Firebase: analytics, remote config, and authentication.…The application contains three different activities.…The main activity contains a few buttons to demonstrate…how to record different kinds of events as analytics events.…
Events will be recorded when the user clicks…on these two top buttons,…even though they don't actually do anything in the app.…There's also a button to launch the sign in activity.…The sign in activity will be used to demonstrate…how to implement Firebase authentication.…In this case, we're going to build support…for email and password authentication.…We'll see how to create new accounts,…sign the user in, and sign the user out.…We'll also see how to detect different kinds…of authentication errors and report them to the user,…
Looking for study partners?Join the Associate Android Developer Exam study group
Whether you are considering Google Firebase or among the nearly half-million developers already using it, this course is designed for you. Google Firebase offers a set of features to help you maximize your app development efforts. In this first look, Joe Marini takes you on a tour of the features that support Android app development. Joe begins with an overview, then dives into three core areas: Firebase Analytics, Firebase Remote Config, and Firebase Authentication. He demonstrates how to create your own project, add APIs, configure parameters and conditions, and implement email and password authentication. He wraps up by visiting the Firebase console where you can evaluate users, engagement metrics, and earnings.
- Creating a Firebase project
- Adding Firebase Analytics
- Using the analytics API
- Incorporating Firebase Remote Config
- Configuring parameters and conditions
- Implementing email and password authentication
- Viewing users in the Firebase console