Join Bill Shander for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Data Visualization for Data Analysis and Analytics.
- [Bill Shander] Data visualization is about communicating. … And for data analysts who are neck-deep in data, … it can sometimes be hard to separate from the data itself … and think just about the communications … of the stories behind the data. … I hope this course has helped you … think a bit about the storytelling, … and that it's helped you think more strategically … about how to communicate that information … in a visual way that'll connect with your audience. … In addition to this basic course on the subject, … there are a lot of great resources out there … that I'd like to recommend … to any data visualization enthusiast. … First, follow me here on LinkedIn or Twitter. … I share a lot of data visualization content. … Inspirational examples, research, thought leadership, … my own musings, and advice on the subject, et cetera. … And consider joining the Data Visualization Society, … which was formed in 2019, … and has many thousands of members from around the world. … There's a very active Slack channel …
- Describe the importance of audience and story in designing visual presentations.
- Identify Gestalt principles for visual processing.
- Compare and contrast headline styles.
- List general rules for the use of different chart types, colors, axes, and other formatting details.
- Understand the importance of and scientific basis for guiding principles in presentation design.