Using named ranges and cells is a quick way to navigate a workbook. In this video, learn how to use existing named ranges, create new named ranges, and create a link from a cell or object to a named range.
- In this video we will review tools that you can use … to quickly navigate throughout your workbook. … After watching this video, you'll know how to … navigate to named cells, ranges, or workbook elements. … You'll also know how to insert and remove hyperlinks. … Let's jump right into our navigate document. … In this workbook, we have several worksheets that … contain various information from orders … all the way to payroll information. … To quickly find our information, … we can use our named ranges. … And we can use ranges that are already named … or we can create our own named ranges. … Let's take a look at the current ranges … that have been named in this workbook. … This is your name box. … Using the dropdown menu, it will show you … any named ranges available to you. … We have three. … And to be able to read this first one totally, … I need to change the width of the name box. … I'll mouse over the vertical dotted line, … click and drag my mouse over, … and now I can see the full name of that first named range. …
- Importing data
- Formatting worksheets and workbooks
- Exporting workbooks
- Pasting data
- Modifying columns, rows, and cells
- Formatting cells
- Conditional formatting
- Creating tables
- Filtering and sorting table data
- Using references
- Performing calculations with functions
- Formatting text with functions
- Creating charts
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Who should take this course?1m 15s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
3. Manage Data Cells and Ranges
4. Manage Tables and Table Data
5. Perform Operations Using Formulas and Functions
6. Manage Charts
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.