- What is a selection?
- Selection outlines
- Deselect, reselect, and intersect
- Saving and loading selections
- Photoshop selection tools
- Selecting by opacity, color, focus, or brightness
- Smoothing or feathering a selection
- Expanding or contracting a selection
- Transforming a selection
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, I'm Tim Gray and I'd like to welcome you to Mastering Selections in Photoshop. In this course, I'm going to help you truly understand the tools and commands that are available for creating and fine tuning selections in Photoshop. Selections are the cornerstone of targeted adjustments and composite imaging within Photoshop. In short, selections enable you to identify specific areas of a photo so you can then perform a task that will only affect that area of the image.
Photographers often find the topic of selections in Photoshop to be confusing and they struggle to create accurate selections. In this course, I'm going to cut through the confusion and help you master the skills you need to create optimal selections. So let's get started.
1. Concepts for Selections
2. Basics of Working with Selections
3. Selection Tools
4. Selection Techniques
5. Modifying Selections
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.