Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Mark messages as unread, part of Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016 for Mac.
- [Instructor] I showed you the Read and Unread toggle…in a prior movie but I want to be clear about…what its use is and how do or don't I use it.…If I have one or more messages and I want to…mark them as Read or Unread, there are two different…ways that I'm doing this.…First: I'm setting how the reading pane behaves…and that will mark a message as Read or Unread…depending on how long I'm in the message.…Next, I have the ability to simply…mark a message as Read or Unread.…
This button is a toggle: If I want to mark multiple messages…I choose multiple messages,…mark them as Read or as Unread.…I'm always a little surprised by folks who read messages…and then think, "Well, I'm going to do something more with it…"so I will mark that, then, as Unread."…because there are some other tools here that we're going to be…discussing later in this course specifically Follow-up…which is meant to flag an item because you want…to come back to it.…I mark a message as Unread that is currently read…for two different purposes:…The first is, that I have a message that I accidentally…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Using Instant Search to find a message
- Saving a search as a Smart Folder
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Flagging an email for action
- Creating and managing rules that handle messages
- Using out-of-office replies