- Setting team goals
- Delegating responsibilities to team members
- Motivating teams
- Building relationships
- Providing coaching, feedback, and training
- Communicating with your team
- Managing different types of teams
Skill Level Beginner
- I bet you've heard the expression people don't leave companies, they leave managers. There are things you can do to make sure you aren't one of those managers. As a manager, how do you bring out the best in your team? How do you manage the pressure of everything on your plate, develop each teammate, build relationships, and position your team for success? This course is full of strategies to help you with these and many of the other important aspects of managing a team.
I'll walk you through some of the best practices of highly effective team managers and give you tips on how to manage different types of teams. Hi, I'm Dr. Daisy Lovelace. As a business school professor, coach, and corporate consultant, I've worked with teams at every level in organizations, from elementary schools to companies on the global Fortune 500 list, and there are similar challenges in all of them, and best practices for addressing these obstacles are mostly universal. We want our teams to continuously improve, which means we have to, as well.
Whether you're new to managing teams or have some experience, join me in exploring best practices of managing a team in the workplace. Let's get started.