- What is a cross-functional team?
- Challenges of building a cross-functional team
- Setting direction
- Allocating and prioritizing work
- Motivating people
- Resolving conflict
- Identifying possible problems
- Leading effective meetings
- Communicating in a team
- Resolving common forms of conflict
Skill Level Intermediate
- Are you running a complex project that requires team members from different functions to participate? Do you have challenges with the various types of conflict on these teams? I'm Mike Figliuolo, Managing Director at thoughtLEADERS. I've been a member of, and led, many cross-functional teams. On those teams, I've experienced and resolved the multiple forms of conflict that you would expect in those situations. In this course, I'll cover how to lead cross-functional teams, how to communicate effectively with your team members, and how to resolve the conflict you'll inevitably experience.
You'll even get to see some cross-functional teams in action. By the end of the course, you'll have an understanding of when and how to build a cross-functional team, how to prioritize work, how to address conflict, and how to communicate effectively so your team achieves its goals. Let's explore how you can be an outstanding cross-functional team leader.