Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Manage email rules, part of Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016 for Mac.
- [Narrator] If you need to modify, or delete,…or rearrange the order in which rules are processed,…go to the Organize tab, choose Rules,…and create, Edit Rules,…and click Edit Rules,…that will open this dialog box.…Now, if you've just created a rule,…it will take a moment to load this,…because after you create the rules locally…they have to be uploaded to the server.…If I want to edit a rule,…like from Facebook, move to Social,…I can double-click and modify this,…choose a different folder, add a different condition,…add additional actions,…and right now this rule is Enabled.…
If I don't want this rule to be processing right now,…I can simply turn it off,…I don't need to delete it,…I can just put it away for a while.…So, a rule that you create that doesn't something specific,…for example, if you have a rule that for emails…that are received in a particular time period…that you want to put them in a folder,…so an email that comes in from Facebook in July…goes to Facebook July.…You can do that, and then you can turn that off…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Using Instant Search to find a message
- Saving a search as a Smart Folder
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Flagging an email for action
- Creating and managing rules that handle messages
- Using out-of-office replies