- Starting a new HitFilm Express project
- Importing and organizing files
- Basic editing and refining
- Audio editing
- Color correction
- Creating titles
- Exporting and sharing your films
Skill Level Beginner
- [Instructor] This is HitFilm. An unusual hybrid video tool kit to which combines editing and compositing within a single interface. This version is also free, so anyone can jump on board and start creating pretty advanced videos. My name is Simon Jones, and on this course we're gonna learn the essentials for using HitFilm Express to make high quality video projects. By the end of this course you'll know everything about importing and organizing your files, how to use the many editing tools and transitions, how to mix audio, how to color grade your videos, and even how to create professional titles.
We even take a look at visual effects and compositing. If you haven't already, you can download HitFilm Express for free from the website at fxhome.com/express. There's also a premium version called HitFilm Pro and everything in this course is completely applicable to that version as well. But all you need to follow along is the free Express edition. Before starting the course, make sure you downloaded and installed HitFilm Express. The first time you launch the software it'll ask you to activate it.
This is free and then you'll be good to go. We're gonna take it one step at a time. So this is your first time using HitFilm or even your first time editing a video, don't worry, you'll be a HitFilm expert by the time we're done here.