Once the layers are rendered, they can be composited in Photoshop. Learn how to bring these layers into Photoshop and arrange them properly for the resulting composite in this video.
- [Narrator] Now let's go ahead and set up … our composite in Photoshop. … Now I've already opened up my layers in Photoshop. … I have my master render layer, which is my … general render of the scene. … I have ambient inclusion, which is … kind of like my white map of the scene. … My reflection layer, as well as my selection layer. … So let's go ahead and just start to layer this file. … Now before I do anything, I'm going to save out … this kitchen master as a Photoshop file, … so that way I don't accidentally overwrite my original. … So I'm going to do file, save as, and in this case … I'm going to save it as a Photoshop file. … Now I already have something out there, … so I'm going to just replace it. … Now once I've got it as a Photoshop file, … I'm going to select this background layer … and I'm going to duplicate it. … So this is just one more layer of security here, … so that way I don't touch my original image. … I'm going to call this layer "Master", … and then I'm going to start layering …
- Types of exposure compensation
- Whether to use photometric lighting
- Adding sunlight
- Adjusting auxiliary lights
- Balancing lights
- Rendering passes using State Sets
- Adding an ambient occlusion pass
- Adding reflection and selection pass
- Creating and adjusting flames
- Simulating firelight
- Illuminating a floor lamp
- Rendering for mattes
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
V-Ray: Control Color Bleed in SketchUpwith Brian Bradley1h 2m Intermediate
3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray Workflowswith Brian Bradley1h 35m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Scene
2. Lighting for Daytime
3. Daytime Rendering and Compositing
4. Lighting for Night
5. Night Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.