Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Defining design
- Designing for a wider audience
- Linking inclusion and design
- Discovering your own lacunas
- Attaining the inclusion mindset
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- One of my pet peeves is that people, when you say the word, design, they think oh, you mean the beautiful part, the sexy part, the handsome part, let's be gender-oriented. It's not about that. It isn't about how it looks. It's about how it works, how it feels, how it changes the person's life, that's what design's about. It's not about the aesthetics. It's about the outcome.
The problem is that businesses must understand design to improve the processes and their outcome. The solution, pretty simple. It's about understanding design, how complex it is, why it's necessary, but also understanding inclusion, and how understanding different kinds of people, different than yourselves and becoming uncomfortable while together to make better products.
That's all design is. It's about knowing who your customer is, how they feel, and making a superior product.