Ryan Hu begins by introducing wireless networking for IoT, and going over the basics of wireless communication and wireless networking. Next, he presents and compares the underlying wireless networking technologies in terms of system architectures, communication paradigms, performance, and use cases. Then, he explains how to integrate various networking technologies into an IoT system. To wrap up, Ryan discusses the use of low-power wireless networking in a typical lighting control system for both smart home and smart city environments.
- Low-power wireless networking use cases
- Advantages and disadvantages of wireless networking for IoT applications
- Wireless: Communication, networking, topologies, and architectures
- Determining the power consumption on a wireless network for IoT
- Identifying security risks
- Addressing risks in the key architectural elements
- Reviewing low-power IoT data communication paradigms
Skill Level Intermediate
- We're living in the era of wireless connectivity. Where smart devices can easily talk to each other through networks of different scales. Hi, I'm Ryan Hu. I'm a professor and professional engineer. In this course we're going to explore the foundations and E-technologies of low power wireless networking for the internet of things, also known as IOT. We'll start with introduction to the IOT, and the low power wireless networking technologies.
Then, we'll explore the low power wireless networking basics including the technical background of data communication networks. So that specific wireless technologies can be easily understood in more detail. Then, we'll explore some popular low power wireless networking technologies with examples, of energy harvesting based networking, short range wireless networking, and long range wireless networking. I'll show you some of the typical networking technologies and how to use them in different use cases.
We'll explore some popular platforms with related considerations. Low power wireless connectivity is very important to a broad spectrum of IOT applications ranging from wearable devices, home appliances, to smart-city systems. And is predicted to enter into nearly all aspects of our everyday lives. I'm excited to share this vital information with you. So, let's get started.