Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Intro to Firebase Analytics, part of Google Firebase for Android: First Look.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a few moments…to learn about how Firebase Analytics works…before we implement the logic in the app.…Firebase Analytics has some important features and benefits.…First, it provides free and unlimited support…for up to 500 distinct events within your app,…each of which can have 25 properties.…Second, it provides a variety of predefined event types…that are common to many different kinds of applications,…such as ecommerce, travel, real estate, games,…education, and more.…
Third, Firebase Analytics seamlessly integrates…with other Firebase features automatically.…For example, when you use Firebase Crash Reporting,…crash data is automatically reported…to your Analytics dashboard.…This way, you can filter audiences based upon…who is seeing errors.…You can also use Analytics in conjunction…with Remote Config to change the behavior…and appearance of your app for different audiences…without distributing multiple versions of your app.…We'll see this in action later in the course.…Fourth, Firebase Analytics automatically records…
Looking for study partners?Join the Associate Android Developer Exam study group
Whether you are considering Google Firebase or among the nearly half-million developers already using it, this course is designed for you. Google Firebase offers a set of features to help you maximize your app development efforts. In this first look, Joe Marini takes you on a tour of the features that support Android app development. Joe begins with an overview, then dives into three core areas: Firebase Analytics, Firebase Remote Config, and Firebase Authentication. He demonstrates how to create your own project, add APIs, configure parameters and conditions, and implement email and password authentication. He wraps up by visiting the Firebase console where you can evaluate users, engagement metrics, and earnings.
- Creating a Firebase project
- Adding Firebase Analytics
- Using the analytics API
- Incorporating Firebase Remote Config
- Configuring parameters and conditions
- Implementing email and password authentication
- Viewing users in the Firebase console