Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Interpret the results, part of Learning SEO Tools.
- [Instructor] We're here…on the Google PageSpeed Insights page…at developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed.…On this page, I'm going to select Run Insights,…which is the link that you'll find here…on the far left-hand side of the screen.…It's pretty straightforward at this point.…We enter in a URL that we want to test…and then we choose the Analyze option…here on the right-hand side.…I like to start with the homepage of the site,…because it typically gives me a good sense…of how the site will perform overall.…
But, after I test the home page,…I'll go into Google Analytics…and review my top traffic pages.…If your site uses template pages, say an e-commerce platform…where all of your product pages are the same,…and maybe all of your category pages are the same,…I recommend testing each of those elements…until you're satisfied with the results.…Most of these issues…around server configuration will be global,…but you might find usability issues…unique to a particular section.…For this example, I'm going to run a query…
- Setting SEO goals
- Configuring Google Search Console
- Evaluating the Google index
- Using PageSpeed Insights
- Interpreting results and leveraging reports
- Using the Screaming Frog SEO Spider
- Generating a site map
- Getting started with Keyword Planner
- Multiplying keyword lists
- Structuring data
- Using SEMrush
- Conducting keyword research
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Look at Goals
2. Google Search Console
3. Google PageSpeed Insights
4. Screaming Frog SEO Spider
5. Google Keyword Planner
Multiply keyword lists2m 37s
6. Google Structured Data
8. Moz Open Site Explorer
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.