Before sharing a document, you want to inspect the document and take care of any issues. In this video, learn how to use the Inspect Document, Check Accessibility, and the Check Compatibility tools to uncover any issues in the document.
- [Instructor] Before we share our information … in our workbooks, we want to make sure and inspect … the workbook to remove any metadata or personal information, … any items that would cause an issue … for people who have a reading disability, … or any items that would be incompatible … with an earlier version of Excel. … After we inspect our workbooks and take care of any issues, … we can then save our workbooks … in an alternative file format. … Let's jump right into our inspect document … and take a look at our 2019 internet orders for quarter one. … I noticed that I have a couple of comments in this document … and I can also see that column G has been hidden, … and these are two items … that will be picked up by the inspector. … We also have a logo in this document. … Let me right-click and go down to alternative text … where we can edit it, … and I noticed that no text has been added. … So, the accessibility checker will pick up on that. … Let's go to File, Check for Issues, … and we'll first inspect the document …
- Importing data
- Formatting worksheets and workbooks
- Exporting workbooks
- Pasting data
- Modifying columns, rows, and cells
- Formatting cells
- Conditional formatting
- Creating tables
- Filtering and sorting table data
- Using references
- Performing calculations with functions
- Formatting text with functions
- Creating charts
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Who should take this course?1m 15s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
3. Manage Data Cells and Ranges
4. Manage Tables and Table Data
5. Perform Operations Using Formulas and Functions
6. Manage Charts
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.