Sparklines give a visual display of the selected data within a single cell. In this video, learn how to create, format, and remove sparklines from a worksheet.
- [Instructor] In this video, … we're going to learn about sparklines. … A sparkline is a tiny chart that fits into one cell … and it provides a visual representation of our data. … So instead of inserting an entire chart … to represent our data, … we're going to display it all in one cell. … Let's jump right into our sparklines document, … and take a look at our information. … We have information for both quarters one and two. … And we'll create a sparkline … that will represent each of the quarters, … and I'm putting them side-by-side … so we can do a comparison. … To begin with, I click in the cell … where I want to insert the sparkline. … On my Insert tab, over in the Sparklines group, … we have three options. … A Line Chart, a Column Chart, or a Win/Loss Chart. … I'll select Line Chart. … I will first insert the data range, … so for this quarter one sparkline, … it will be January, February, and March. … The location range will be F6, … and because I clicked in there … before I went to insert a sparkline, …
- Importing data
- Formatting worksheets and workbooks
- Exporting workbooks
- Pasting data
- Modifying columns, rows, and cells
- Formatting cells
- Conditional formatting
- Creating tables
- Filtering and sorting table data
- Using references
- Performing calculations with functions
- Formatting text with functions
- Creating charts
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Who should take this course?1m 15s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
3. Manage Data Cells and Ranges
4. Manage Tables and Table Data
5. Perform Operations Using Formulas and Functions
6. Manage Charts
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.