In this nighttime scene, the light from a floor lamp will create a larger portion of the overall lighting in the scene. Learn how to use materials to create a realistic light fixture in this video.
- [Instructor] Now, let's move on to our floor lamp here. … But before we do that, let's just take … a look at where our render is. … We have our environmental as well as our fireplace lighting, … and so let's go ahead and add in that floor lamp … as one of the main lights in the room. … Now I'm going to go out to a perspective viewport here. … Let's just take a look at this light. … Now this particular light has a lampshade … as well as these two disks on the top and bottom. … And those will be where a lot … of the illumination will come from. … Now we can simulate light coming from these disks … in a number of ways. … We can turn them into a mesh light. … We can position a V-ray light, … so that it casts light from that area, … or we can use the material as the light. … Let's go ahead and do the last one of those, … and use the material as a light. … Now we go into my compact material editor … and pick an empty slot. … And let's just go ahead and eyedropper … over one of those disks. …
- Types of exposure compensation
- Whether to use photometric lighting
- Adding sunlight
- Adjusting auxiliary lights
- Balancing lights
- Rendering passes using State Sets
- Adding an ambient occlusion pass
- Adding reflection and selection pass
- Creating and adjusting flames
- Simulating firelight
- Illuminating a floor lamp
- Rendering for mattes
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
V-Ray: Control Color Bleed in SketchUpwith Brian Bradley1h 2m Intermediate
3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray Workflowswith Brian Bradley1h 35m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Scene
2. Lighting for Daytime
3. Daytime Rendering and Compositing
4. Lighting for Night
5. Night Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.