- Installing and configuring StatsD
- Gathering application metrics with StatsD
- Setting up Graphite and the Graphite-web database
- Gathering metrics with Graphite
- Installing Grafana
- Creating dashboards with Grafana
- Using Graphite and Grafana together
Skill Level Advanced
- [Laura] Welcome to Graphite and Grafana, Visualizing Application Performance. I'm Laura Stone, a site reliability engineer passionate about making data-driven decisions. Have you ever wanted more insight into your application's performance? Do you wanna make it easy to understand your systems and quickly learn what breaks when it breaks, or be able to tie system performance directly into business value? In this course, we'll cover StatsD, Graphite, and Grafana, three open source tools you can use together to monitor and analyze the health of your systems.
You'll learn how to track application-specific metrics by instrumenting your application with StatsD, as well as how to store and retain these metrics with high levels of accuracy using Graphite. We'll look at how Grafana, a platform for monitoring and metric analysis, can be used to create and analyze beautiful graphs and other visualizations of your system, providing so many features without the cost of proprietary monitoring solutions. With these skills in your toolkit, you will walk away with everything you need to deepen your understanding of your systems and their business value.
Let's get down to business.