- Creating a Firebase project
- Adding Firebase Analytics
- Using the analytics API
- Incorporating Firebase Remote Config
- Configuring parameters and conditions
- Implementing email and password authentication
- Viewing users in the Firebase console
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Joe Marini, and welcome to Google Firebase for Android: First Look. Google Firebase is a platform for creating, marketing, and monetizing awesome mobile apps. It works on Android, IOS, and the web. In this course, we're gonna take a quick look at what it's like to build an Android app with Firebase. We'll start by learning about Firebase Analytics. A free and unlimited solution for measuring how your app is being used in the real world. We'll see how easy it is to incorporate analytics into an app, learn a little bit about some of the features that Firebase Analytics provides automatically, right out of the box, and then take a tour of the Analytics Dashboard.
Then we'll see how you can use a feature called, Remote Config, to change the behavior of your app for different sets of your user base from the server side without the user having to download and install any updates. We'll finish up with a look at Firebase's user authentication tools and see how you can quickly implement an email and password based sign up and log in feature in your app. Firebase is a collection of APIs from Google that make developing mobile apps easier than ever. Let's get started learning how this great platform from Google can help make your next app development project a success.