Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Generate a site map, part of Marketing Tools: SEO.
- [Instructor] We talked earlier…about the importance of a site map.…If you're not using a platform…that automatically generates sitemaps,…you can leverage Screaming Frog to help you create one.…The Create XML Sitemap feature…will add all successfully crawled pages…including PDFs and images…to a sitemap file.…What's nice is that even if you have over 49999 URLs,…the SEO Spider will automatically create…additional sitemap files and create a sitemap index file,…referencing those sitemap locations.…
This is standard protocol for Google and other engines.…To get started, you'll crawl your site…and then you'll select Sitemaps from the menu at the top…and select Create XML Sitemap from the dropdown.…Here you have some options available to you.…You can configure things to include your Noindex Pages,…your Canonicalised pages, any Paginated URLs, and PDFs.…You can choose to use the Last Modified tag,…which will tell Google the last time this page was modified.…
You can either use the server response or the custom date.…
- Setting SEO goals
- Configuring Google Search Console
- Evaluating the Google index
- Using PageSpeed Insights
- Interpreting results and leveraging reports
- Using the Screaming Frog SEO Spider
- Generating a site map
- Getting started with Keyword Planner
- Multiplying keyword lists
- Structuring data
- Using SEMrush
- Conducting keyword research
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Look at Goals
2. Google Search Console
3. Google PageSpeed Insights
4. Screaming Frog SEO Spider
5. Google Keyword Planner
Multiply keyword lists2m 37s
6. Google Structured Data
8. Moz Open Site Explorer
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.