- Games vs. gamification
- Making a gamified learning experience successful
- Leveraging dashboards and big data
- Engaging different interests of learners
- Creating effective feedback loops
- Writing effective questions
- Designing effective leaderboards
- Structural types of gamification
- Creating a motivating challenge
Skill Level Advanced
- I'm very excited about this course on Gamification. The course is designed to provide an in-depth look at the various types of gamification, how they're used in corporate, non-profit, and academic settings, and how learning designers and developers can make the most out of gamification. The neat thing about this course is that it provides much needed information about how to handle the exciting possibilities related to the gamification of learning. But it also talks about what it really takes to make gamification work for learning at the most basic level.
All the information in this course is from my experience and research in the area of gamification. The ideas, insights, and innovations you'll discover as you journey through this course will help you to create effective and meaningful gamification that will enhance learning and improve learner outcomes. So join me as we embark on this process of examining gamification of learning at a deep and meaningful level. I only hope that you have as much fun participating in this course as I did designing it and developing it.
Let's do the gamification of learning right. Good luck and remember, play, learn, and have fun.