In this video, learn how to format text by using the UPPER(), LOWER(), and LEN() functions.
- [Instructor] Have you ever had data in your workbook … that was all lowercase and you needed it to be uppercase? … If so, then these are the functions for you. … In this video, we'll learn how to use the UPPER, … LOWER, and LEN, which is the length … of the characters in a cell. … Let's jump right in to our Upper_Lower workbook … and take a look, first, at UPPER. … Our company names are all upper and lowercase, … but to quickly change all of the text to uppercase, … we can use this wonderful UPPER function. … I'll click in C2 and type =UPPER, Tab, … select B2, which is the text that I'd like … to transform to uppercase, … close my parentheses, and hit Enter. … And that quickly, that data has been reformatted … and is all in uppercase. … Now, we can do the same if we want to take something … from upper and lowercase, such as it is now in the B column, … or to all lowercase. … Now, what if we use the LOWER function … to change everything that's in uppercase to lowercase? … Let's click in D2 and type =LOWER, …
- Importing data
- Formatting worksheets and workbooks
- Exporting workbooks
- Pasting data
- Modifying columns, rows, and cells
- Formatting cells
- Conditional formatting
- Creating tables
- Filtering and sorting table data
- Using references
- Performing calculations with functions
- Formatting text with functions
- Creating charts
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Who should take this course?1m 15s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
3. Manage Data Cells and Ranges
4. Manage Tables and Table Data
5. Perform Operations Using Formulas and Functions
6. Manage Charts
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.