There are multiple cell formatting options in Excel. In this video, learn how to merge and unmerge cells, modify cell alignment, orientation, and indentation, and wrap text within cells.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at some options … we have for formatting cells and ranges … in our worksheets. … After watching this video you'll know how … to merge and unmerge cells, how to wrap text … within a cell, how to modify Cell Alignment, … Orientation and Indentation. … Let's jump right into our Format Cells workbook … and get busy. … First of all, we have a title up in row one, … that is currently in cell A1, we are going to take … this title and merge the cells from A1 … over to F1. … And once the cells are merged and we have … one cell for our title, we can then center … that both horizontally and vertically within the cell. … With that range selected, on my home tab … I'll go to Merge and Center. … Now let's take a look at our four options … under this menu. … We can merge and center the information. … That means all of those cells will be merged … together, and the title Travel Expenses … will be centered within our resulting cell. … We can choose Merge Across, which would keep …
- Importing data
- Formatting worksheets and workbooks
- Exporting workbooks
- Pasting data
- Modifying columns, rows, and cells
- Formatting cells
- Conditional formatting
- Creating tables
- Filtering and sorting table data
- Using references
- Performing calculations with functions
- Formatting text with functions
- Creating charts
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Who should take this course?1m 15s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
3. Manage Data Cells and Ranges
4. Manage Tables and Table Data
5. Perform Operations Using Formulas and Functions
6. Manage Charts
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.