Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Flag an email for action, part of Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016 for Mac.
- [Narrator] We now come to the last of our tags,…and that's Follow Up.…In older versions of Outlook for Mac,…we had flags that were really more…like categories are used now.…They were different colors.…Here, flags are an intention about time.…What you're saying is, "I would like to do something…"about this item today, tomorrow, this week."…And remember that you get to set what your week is.…But by default, it would be…this week would be due on Friday,…next week, due next Friday…No Date, which basically, to me says,…"I don't actually care if this ever gets done."…And then Custom where you set a particular date,…you choose a date.…
For each and all of these, you can also set a reminder…that can be separate from the date.…I might have something that is due next week…but want to be reminded about it this Friday…because I need to do some reading about it…that I'd rather do over the weekend.…The flag that you're choosing then…is the same as a due date.…And the reminder is the same as any other reminder…that you set anywhere in Outlook…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Using Instant Search to find a message
- Saving a search as a Smart Folder
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Flagging an email for action
- Creating and managing rules that handle messages
- Using out-of-office replies