Once the image has been composited, it is time to finalize it for final output. In this video, George adds some adjustment layers to tweak the final image, then outputs the result.
- [Instructor] Now we're ready to finalize our composite. … We can work our way through the image, adjust all the layers … so I can go to my master layer, double click on this icon … here and change my levels to get my initial image here. … We can adjust our ambient occlusion pass to add … or subtract more light. … We can play with our flames as well as our reflections. … Now once we have this all in place we can flatten … the image and output it, or if we want we can add a few … more adjustment layers. … So for example if I wanted to I could do a brightness … contrast layer at the very top here and this allows me … just to do some final controls over brightness … and contrast. … I could also do something such as a vibrance which allows … me to either bring down or amp up my vibrance … and my saturation. … So I'm actually going to take the vibrance down … just a hair on this maybe about negative seven or eight, … somewhere around there. … And that will just kind of give a little bit more …
- Types of exposure compensation
- Whether to use photometric lighting
- Adding sunlight
- Adjusting auxiliary lights
- Balancing lights
- Rendering passes using State Sets
- Adding an ambient occlusion pass
- Adding reflection and selection pass
- Creating and adjusting flames
- Simulating firelight
- Illuminating a floor lamp
- Rendering for mattes
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
V-Ray: Control Color Bleed in SketchUpwith Brian Bradley1h 2m Intermediate
3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray Workflowswith Brian Bradley1h 35m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Scene
2. Lighting for Daytime
3. Daytime Rendering and Compositing
4. Lighting for Night
5. Night Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.