Once all of the render layers are in place, the final images and layers can be rendered. In this video, George does a final check, then renders out all of the layers.
- [Instructor] At this point we have all of our state sets … in place and we can now render all of our layers. … Now we do this very easily by going into Rendering, … State Sets and then all we have to do is under States … go Render All States. … Now it may ask you if you want to overwrite existing files … and we're going to click Yes but let's go ahead and say … do not show this any more for this session and then we'll go … ahead and overwrite every file. … Now this will start on the top and work its way down … and so this should take a little while to render. … So let's go ahead and render this and then we will come … back once everything is done. … At this point our render should be done and we should have … five files in our render output directory. … Now those would be our master image and this is our really … clean render, then we also have our reflection pass, … our ambient occlusion pass, just the flames, as well … as a select layer so that we can select out … those reflections. …
- Types of exposure compensation
- Whether to use photometric lighting
- Adding sunlight
- Adjusting auxiliary lights
- Balancing lights
- Rendering passes using State Sets
- Adding an ambient occlusion pass
- Adding reflection and selection pass
- Creating and adjusting flames
- Simulating firelight
- Illuminating a floor lamp
- Rendering for mattes
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
V-Ray: Control Color Bleed in SketchUpwith Brian Bradley1h 2m Intermediate
3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray Workflowswith Brian Bradley1h 35m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Scene
2. Lighting for Daytime
3. Daytime Rendering and Compositing
4. Lighting for Night
5. Night Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.