You can quickly drill down into your data using filter and sort options in your tables. In this video, learn how to filter table records and sort data with multiple columns.
- [Instructor] One of the biggest benefits … of converting data into a table format, … is the ability to quickly analyze your data. … After watching this video, … you'll know how to filter records in a table, … and how to sort data by multiple columns. … Let's jump right in to our Filter_Sort workbook. … There's a lot of data in this workbook … and it will be great that we'll be able to filter … the information and sort it to easily find the data … that we're looking for. … Let's start by sorting the information by region. … I'll select the Region dropdown menu. … And notice that we have Sort A to Z or Z to A. … Let's sort it A to Z. … And now all of our regions are grouped together. … Now that we have it sorted, let's do some filtering. … What if we just wanted to see one region? … I'll go back to my Sort and Filter menu, … and I want to show you two ways that you can filter. … First we have our Text Filters in the middle of this window. … We can choose Equals and select North … or we can say Does Not Equal, and if we select North, …
- Importing data
- Formatting worksheets and workbooks
- Exporting workbooks
- Pasting data
- Modifying columns, rows, and cells
- Formatting cells
- Conditional formatting
- Creating tables
- Filtering and sorting table data
- Using references
- Performing calculations with functions
- Formatting text with functions
- Creating charts
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Who should take this course?1m 15s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
3. Manage Data Cells and Ranges
4. Manage Tables and Table Data
5. Perform Operations Using Formulas and Functions
6. Manage Charts
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.