Instead of retyping repeating information, use AutoFill to complete a list or dates in a list. In this video, learn how to use AutoFill to copy formulas, dates, text, and months from an adjacent cell to another cell.
- [Woman] When entering information into our workbooks, … sometimes we're able to fill the cells using AutoFill. … After watching this video, you'll know … how to use AutoFill to complete a date range, … to copy formulas down or across … and to copy text. … Let's jump right into our AutoFill document … and take a look at our 2019 sales report. … Looking in the product column, … I see that I do have each product listed once … but I'd like to go ahead and fill … the information below with the same data. … Now, I could type this over four times … but watch what happens when I select the cell … and use this square in the lower right hand corner … which is called the AutoFill handle. … To click on, hold my mouse down and bring it down. … Do you see the help text over to the right side? … That is showing me exactly what … will be inserted into those cells … as soon as I let go of my mouse. … See how quickly I can copy text down? … Now, you can also use this method for copying formulas. … We have a formula in cell E5. …
- Importing data
- Formatting worksheets and workbooks
- Exporting workbooks
- Pasting data
- Modifying columns, rows, and cells
- Formatting cells
- Conditional formatting
- Creating tables
- Filtering and sorting table data
- Using references
- Performing calculations with functions
- Formatting text with functions
- Creating charts
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Who should take this course?1m 15s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
3. Manage Data Cells and Ranges
4. Manage Tables and Table Data
5. Perform Operations Using Formulas and Functions
6. Manage Charts
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.