Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Evaluate the Google index, part of Learning SEO Tools.
- [Instructor] Moving along to the reports,…let's take a minute to look at the Google index section.…In this section, you have access to index status,…blocked resources, and remove URLs.…We're going to start here on the index status page.…And this section provides valuable data on how many pages…Google has indexed over the past year.…Now, keep in mind, the number in your index…is typically lower than all of the pages on your site.…This can be due to a couple of reasons.…First, you might have content blocked…in your robots.txt file…Or you might have content that is only available to users…after they log in.…
If you're using both secure and non-secure versions…of your site, the http and https we talked about earlier…than you'll only see the index for the domain…that you're currently viewing.…Which you're looking for is an up and to the right line…suggesting that Google is continuing…to gather more and more content.…Now if you don't publish any new content regularly,…you may see a flat line which is completely fine.…
- Setting SEO goals
- Configuring Google Search Console
- Evaluating the Google index
- Using PageSpeed Insights
- Interpreting results and leveraging reports
- Using the Screaming Frog SEO Spider
- Generating a site map
- Getting started with Keyword Planner
- Multiplying keyword lists
- Structuring data
- Using SEMrush
- Conducting keyword research
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Look at Goals
2. Google Search Console
3. Google PageSpeed Insights
4. Screaming Frog SEO Spider
5. Google Keyword Planner
Multiply keyword lists2m 37s
6. Google Structured Data
8. Moz Open Site Explorer
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.