- Choosing materials to print on
- Vectors vs. pixels
- Choosing a printing method
- Online t-shirt printing options
- Designing the shirt
- Production challenges
- Location and size of design
- How your budget affects your methods
- Specialty colors and inks for screen prints
Skill Level Beginner
- [Sebastian] T-shirts. T-shirts are a great way for people to express themselves, whether you're inspired to create a single cool T-shirt design, or you're ready to start up your business. We're going to walk you through some of the fundamentals that will help you navigate the design and printing process. We'll cover the things you need to know to design T-shirts from smaller runs all the way up to as many as 5,000. The success of your T-shirt being produced starts even before the actual design process. Everything matters, from the color space you're going to work in, to the software you'll be using, to the inks.
Even the colors and the fabric of the shirt itself. If you start off strong, production will be effortless, or close to it. Now get ready, 'cause it's T-shirt time.