You can use named ranges to quickly move throughout a workbook. In this video, learn how to create a named range, name a table, and use a named range in a formula.
- [Instructor] We can use named ranges … in our workbooks to quickly navigate … throughout the workbook. … We also can use them as a reference in a formula. … After watching this video, you'll know how to define … a named range, how to reference a named range in a formula, … and how to name a table. … Let's jump right into our named ranges workbook. … On the Q1 2019 internet orders worksheet, … we have our orders table. … Anytime you create a table, that information is added … as a named range. … However, until you go in and assign a name to that table, … it is displayed just as table one, table two, … depending upon how many tables there are in your workbook. … Now there's two ways to name this table. … We can go to our table tools design tab … and name it right here, … or we can go into formulas, name manager, … and we can name it from here. … Since we're in the name manage, let's go ahead and edit … this named range to correct the name of the table. … I'll click on Edit, and in the very first field, …
- Importing data
- Formatting worksheets and workbooks
- Exporting workbooks
- Pasting data
- Modifying columns, rows, and cells
- Formatting cells
- Conditional formatting
- Creating tables
- Filtering and sorting table data
- Using references
- Performing calculations with functions
- Formatting text with functions
- Creating charts
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Who should take this course?1m 15s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
3. Manage Data Cells and Ranges
4. Manage Tables and Table Data
5. Perform Operations Using Formulas and Functions
6. Manage Charts
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.