Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Declutter your inbox, part of Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016 for Mac.
- [Instructor] Another feature that we're going…to fire up in Outlook on the Web,…but use here as well as in Outlook on the Web,…is called Clutter.…And what Clutter does,…is it moves messages that you normally would ignore…out of your inbox so that you can focus…on the messages that are more important.…Clutter does this by looking at…how you interact with your email.…And based on the way that you decide what's important,…Clutter decides that the less important things…should be scooped away,…and it puts them in this folder called Clutter.…
Now, if you don't have a Clutter folder,…you'll need to turn that on in Outlook on the Web,…and let me show you how to do that.…Here I am in Outlook on the Web,…I have my Clutter folder here,…but go to settings, and if I scroll down…you'll see that there are settings for mail,…under "Your app settings."…I'm going to click that,…and under "Automatic processing" you'll see Clutter.…Clutter is turned on.…If it's turned off, it looks like this.…
And if it looks like this when you start…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Using Instant Search to find a message
- Saving a search as a Smart Folder
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Flagging an email for action
- Creating and managing rules that handle messages
- Using out-of-office replies