Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Customize and use categories, part of Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016 for Mac.
- [Instructor] This section of buttons here…have something in common, they're all called tags,…ways that we can mark up messages.…We can mark them as read or unread.…In the next movie, you'll see how to flag them…for follow up, but here I want to focus on using Categories.…Categories are a way that you can tag something…so that you can sort and filter and search…on that particular item.…For example, in my calendar, I use categories…to be able to show whether a piece of work is creative work,…whether I am working on something that's finance,…that's my green color, whether I'm traveling,…the blue, and so on.…
In my email, I can use it in the same way…but often, I'm not using it for this visualization…that I get in my calendar, I'm using it for searching.…And it's when I discovered searching with categories…that I started to get excited…about the use of them in my email.…For example, I have a number of folks…who are asking me to speak at conferences,…I'm kind of new in the area, it's a good thing to do.…And I open up my Category list and…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Using Instant Search to find a message
- Saving a search as a Smart Folder
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Flagging an email for action
- Creating and managing rules that handle messages
- Using out-of-office replies