Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating linear and angular dimensions, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- [Instructor] Chapter 03_07, … we're going to use and style some dimensions. … Now, I've got three little zones here, … I've got a linked SkecthUp file, and I've copied it here … which I'm going to unlink it in a minute, … and it's going to turn into a scaled drawing … because I've got the 2018 version here. … If you've got an earlier version than 2018 … then it won't turn it into an automatically scaled option … so it'll just give you a vector drawing … based on the size of these lines. … Okay, so that's going to be the same … as the unscaled vector drawing, but we'll do this first. … If you're getting some errors or missing objects, … then just click in this area … and go to File and Document Setup, … it should be linked but it might not be. … So if you've got this selected and it says missing up here, … then just click Relink, it should take you … to the right place if you've copied the files across, … but you haven't you need to find the exercise files … and Ch_03 Drawing and annotation basics, …
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Customizing LayOut preferences
- Working with the drawing tools in LayOut
- Adding text and labels
- Creating linear and angular dimensions
- Creating templates
- Linking SketchUp with LayOut
- Building a scrapbook
- Exporting options
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
1. Introduction to SketchUp for Architecture
2. Setting Up LayOut
3. Drawing and Annotation
4. Creating and Saving Templates
5. Linking SketchUp to LayOut
6. The LayOut Scrapbooks
7. Finishing Off the Pages
Next steps2m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.