Stay tuned for part two of the series, where Nick shows how to edit, distribute, and market your video, as well as measure your ROI.
- Targeting social media platforms
- Types and styles of ads
- Writing an online video ad
- Creating a script
- Composing and lighting shots
- Shooting the online video
- Backing up your footage
Skill Level Beginner
- Over the last few years, video advertising has gone through an abundance of change. The 30 second commercial is no longer standard. With the lack of viewers' attention spans, it's now more important than ever to convey your message in a unique and distinct way. Online video advertising has opened up a wide range of formats. On YouTube, something as short as the six second video bumper ad to something longer that may convey a different type of story.
This is the first of a two part course where I wanna take you through how to create an online video ad from pre-production all the way to distribution. In 2017, online video traffic accounted for 67% of all users. Incorporating online video ads into a social media campaign is a great way for businesses of all sizes to increase traffic and even convey emotional impact. With my certification in both YouTube video advertising as well as Hootsuite social marketing, in addition to my extensive production experience, we're gonna create a video ad from start to finish.
We'll team up with Lindsey Nicholson, self titled mompreneur and owner of the Mothersun and the Captain, where we develop, design, and publish an online video ad to increase traffic and boost her sales. While I'll be using a mirrorless camera with basic lighting and sound equipment, note that the techniques used in this course can be used for all types of production. I'm Nick Harauz, and I'm excited for you to follow us as we create an online video ad that's gonna inspire calls to action from your customers.