Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a rule to handle a message, part of Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016 for Mac.
- [Instructor] We created folders earlier…and if the only way things get into folders…is for me to drag them into folders, that takes time.…It's not a bad thing but I would really rather have…Outlook doing more of this work for me…particularly for messages…that I don't want to pay attention to every day.…I perhaps want to go browse them or look at them…almost as a summary…and an example of that is my notifications from Facebook.…What I'd like to do is have Outlook…automatically move Facebook messages to the Social folder.…
I'd also like it to move messages from Instagram…to the Social folder and from Twitter to the Social folder…but let's start with Facebook.…Couple of ways that I can do this.…First, I can go to Move and choose Move to Social…and all it did was move it.…Going to go back and get that back again…and move it back to the Inbox…because that doesn't do anything for me in the long run.…What I'd like to do is create a rule…that does it every time they come into the inbox…so I don't have to do that.…I'm going to right click on this message,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Using Instant Search to find a message
- Saving a search as a Smart Folder
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Flagging an email for action
- Creating and managing rules that handle messages
- Using out-of-office replies