Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a meeting from a message, part of Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016 for Mac.
- [Narrator] If I'm looking at an email and I decide that the thing that I most need to do is create a meeting, then I can do that very, very easily. All I need to do is, on the home tab, click Meeting, and it will create a meeting request from this message, and it will include everybody who is CC'd, or who the message is sent to, it just happens to be the two of us, and I can click send and just send this meeting invitation out. I might want to make sure that they're a time and date that I'd prefer, and I might also want to allow Karen to propose different times, I can categorize it, choose reminders, but when I'm all set, I just choose send, and out the door it goes, and isn't that a fast way to create a meeting from an email message? Let's go back again and take a look.
All of the body of this email item is going to end up in the body of the meeting that's created from it right here. Very slick. If there's some text in whatever language you use that refers to a date, you're even better off. Notice that this date is in French, but if I go, for example, to this email, Lynn's saying, "Monday works best for me," and there's the ability to suggest a meeting and it wants to suggest a meeting on the next Monday that comes up, which is pretty slick as well.
Select meeting, can't be any easier. So, if you have a meeting you need to setup and you're ready to go, don't delay and don't flag it, just create a meeting.
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Using Instant Search to find a message
- Saving a search as a Smart Folder
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Flagging an email for action
- Creating and managing rules that handle messages
- Using out-of-office replies