Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create inbox folders, part of Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016 for Mac.
- [Instructor] The tools that we've used up til now,…sorting, filtering, reviewing tools…are useful no matter how many folders we have.…We can use sorting and filtering in drafts…and sent items and deleted items,…wherever we wish.…The next tool we're going to use…is primarily used in our Inbox…and that is the ability to create a folder structure.…At any point in time in our Inbox,…we're going to have a mix of different things.…We'll have emails we've read…but haven't yet responded to.…
We'll have emails that we haven't read at all.…We'll have emails that we flagged…because we wish to be able to follow up on them.…We'll have emails that we're probably not going…to review at all and we'll simply move those along,…we'll delete them,…or we'll save them somewhere.…And maybe you have a retention policy in your organization…that requires you to keep all your email messages…or perhaps you just have good sense and know,…that even though you've handled the message,…you might want to keep it hanging around for a while.…
One strategy for handling messages in your Inbox…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Using Instant Search to find a message
- Saving a search as a Smart Folder
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Flagging an email for action
- Creating and managing rules that handle messages
- Using out-of-office replies