In this video, learn how to count cells using the COUNT(), COUNTA(), and COUNTBLANK() functions.
- [Instructor] In this video we're going … to look at three COUNT cells functions. … First, we'll take a look at COUNT(). … Now COUNT() will count the number … of cells in a range that contain numbers or dates. … We'll then look at COUNTA(). … The COUNTA() function is very similar to COUNT(), … except that COUNTA() will count a cell no matter what … it has in it dates, numbers, text, or a mixture of things. … And then we'll take a look at COUNTBLANK(). … COUNTBLANK() counts the number of empty cells … in our specified range. … Let's jump into our Count workbook … and first we'll take a look at the COUNT() function. … We'll begin in C21 with the Q1 Sales … and type in equals COUNT(). … My auto complete has highlighted COUNT() for me, … I'll go ahead and tab and then select my range, … all the way from C4 to C19, and hit enter. … So there are 15 cells in that range … that have a number in them. … Now because this is a relative reference, … I can copy this formula across to the Q1 Commission …
- Importing data
- Formatting worksheets and workbooks
- Exporting workbooks
- Pasting data
- Modifying columns, rows, and cells
- Formatting cells
- Conditional formatting
- Creating tables
- Filtering and sorting table data
- Using references
- Performing calculations with functions
- Formatting text with functions
- Creating charts
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Who should take this course?1m 15s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
3. Manage Data Cells and Ranges
4. Manage Tables and Table Data
5. Perform Operations Using Formulas and Functions
6. Manage Charts
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.