Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure your first crawl, part of Marketing Tools: SEO.
- [Instructor] Screaming Frog will work pretty well…right out of the box.…You'll drop the root domain that you want to crawl…into the field here at the top of the screen…and let it go.…It'll start at your home page and crawl through your site…until it has checked every accessible page.…If you have pages that are orphaned,…meaning they cannot be reached…from any other page on your site,…they're not going to appear in your crawl.…For the most part, orphaned pages are a bad idea.…They provide very little SEO value…and are typically only used as landing pages…for paid advertisements.…
In the regular crawl mode,…SEO Spider will crawl the domain or subdomain you enter…and treat any other subdomains it encounters…as external links.…This means if you have store.mysite.com…and blog.mysite.com and www.mysite.com,…SEO Spider is going to treat those all differently.…You can't change this in the free version.…But if you pay for SEO Spider,…you can configure the crawler…to use all subdomains of your site.…I want to point out that I don't intend for this chapter…
- Setting SEO goals
- Configuring Google Search Console
- Evaluating the Google index
- Using PageSpeed Insights
- Interpreting results and leveraging reports
- Using the Screaming Frog SEO Spider
- Generating a site map
- Getting started with Keyword Planner
- Multiplying keyword lists
- Structuring data
- Using SEMrush
- Conducting keyword research
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Look at Goals
2. Google Search Console
3. Google PageSpeed Insights
4. Screaming Frog SEO Spider
5. Google Keyword Planner
Multiply keyword lists2m 37s
6. Google Structured Data
8. Moz Open Site Explorer
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.