Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure Search Console, part of Learning SEO Tools.
- [Instructor] Before we dive deeper into what…the Search Console can do,…let's review some important settings together.…So, I've gone ahead and selected into a site…that I've already set up and that's been gathering data…from Search Console for a while.…First thing that we'll do is select the gear icon…in the upper right hand corner, and choose Site Settings…from the dropdown menu that appears.…Here, we can see that Google gives us two options…for site settings: preferred domain and crawl rate.…So the first is to set this preferred domain.…
And this is what you want displayed and used…when Google indexes your sites.…Technically speaking, this is known…as your canonical domain.…Really what's happening is that your website…can exist both as www.mysite.com or just mysite.com.…Now, you may configure your site to redirect…from www.mysite.com to strictly mysite.com,…or vice versa, but Google just wants to know…how you'd like to display your site in the search results.…It doesn't mind if you use www or non-www,…and it won't impact your SEO one way or the other.…
- Setting SEO goals
- Configuring Google Search Console
- Evaluating the Google index
- Using PageSpeed Insights
- Interpreting results and leveraging reports
- Using the Screaming Frog SEO Spider
- Generating a site map
- Getting started with Keyword Planner
- Multiplying keyword lists
- Structuring data
- Using SEMrush
- Conducting keyword research
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Look at Goals
2. Google Search Console
3. Google PageSpeed Insights
4. Screaming Frog SEO Spider
5. Google Keyword Planner
Multiply keyword lists2m 37s
6. Google Structured Data
8. Moz Open Site Explorer
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.