Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video The Circle and Polygon tools, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- [Narrator] Chapter three oh five. … We are looking at the circle … and the polygon. … And we've also got an ellipse, drop down from the circle. … So we'll start off with the circle tool. … And to create circle, there's no modification keys. … You just click at the center of the circle and … if you were to enter your values, don't forget … it's the square brackets that we use and … then the value separated by the comma. … And then you enter the radius. … So either snapping to the grid or to a specific object, … or just entering a value, let's say 50. … And then hit enter. … Okay, so that's as simple as a gets for creating a circle. … The one thing that you can do with circles … is double-click at a point, or any point on the drawing. … But I'll double click here. … And you'll create a duplicate of that circle. … Okay, so that can be useful for creating all sorts … of interesting patterns and intersections. … So that's what you can do with the circle tool. … From the drop-down of the circle we can choose …
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Customizing LayOut preferences
- Working with the drawing tools in LayOut
- Adding text and labels
- Creating linear and angular dimensions
- Creating templates
- Linking SketchUp with LayOut
- Building a scrapbook
- Exporting options
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
1. Introduction to SketchUp for Architecture
2. Setting Up LayOut
3. Drawing and Annotation
4. Creating and Saving Templates
5. Linking SketchUp to LayOut
6. The LayOut Scrapbooks
7. Finishing Off the Pages
Next steps2m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.