Celebrating major milestones, both professional and personal, are important for building team camaraderie. Ways to support team members during difficult times are also discussed.
- Most of us spend more time with our co-workers…than our families and friends.…As a manager, it's important to acknowledge…and celebrate the important moments your team experiences.…Make an effort to celebrate work-related milestones.…Maybe your team met a sales goal,…or completed a project on time and under budget.…Set aside some time to honor the great work…that was accomplished, and allow everyone time…to enjoy the moment before the next big deadline…or project gets under way.…This not only enhances camaraderie and rapport…on your team, it also re-energizes teammates.…
It doesn't have to be something that requires…a lot of planning on your end.…It can be as simple as snacks or coffee…at your next team meeting.…People feel appreciated and motivated…to continue the marathon…when they're encouraged along the way.…In addition to work milestones,…consider celebrating personal milestones as well.…For example, you might choose to highlight birthdays…on your team by ordering a cake or cookies…for the team to mark the occasion.…
- List the best arrangement for delegating responsibility.
- Recognize the characteristics of the five phases of the team development cycle.
- Explain the importance of taking time to build genuine personal relationships with team members.
- Identify the element that begins and ends the development cycle.
- Determine when to CC someone on a message.
- Recall the benefits of organizing venues for casual or informal contact among virtual team members.
- Summarize the steps to take following a discreet meeting with a difficult team member.